Sunday, November 25, 2012

Risky Business.

As Chief of the Bod Squad, I might, after the last four days, be asked to resign my post. In addition to bountiful, thrice-daily meals, I've been late-night snacking on pretty much anything that is scoop-able in my hand: licorice pinwheels, pistachios, Fruity-Frutti (if you don't know what these are, best you not learn), chex mix, mustard pretzels, and, yes, leftover stuffing. I am a monster.

The big wrinkle in this behavior is that I just started a Hold it for the Holidays campaign, and while losing $10 come January 3 if I've gained even a pound isn't going to launch me into poverty, the shame of my damaged reputation might send me into isolation. Where, presumably, I will purchase an extra-large muu-muu and let it all go. So, you can see the danger I'm in.

I've decided to right my course sooner rather than later and fix up a batch of curried lentil soup that will correct at least one of my meals for the next several days. It's spicy, hearty, low-fat, and doesn't remotely taste like punishment.

Yum! No, really.


No comments:

Post a Comment