Monday, March 4, 2013

A Love Triangle (of sorts).

I cried today at work. It's been an awfully long time since I've cried about something not related to work at work, actually. Truth is, I'm getting a bit anxious about my trip. I'm prepared with everything I need and will be well taken care of by wonderful hosts while I'm there...but I will be away from my best friend, that is, my husband, for too long.

While part of my personal manifesto (only in draft form at this time) includes frequent and adventurous travels throughout my life, these are not part of Ben's master plan. Which is OK, except it is hard for me to reconcile my desire to go, to fly, to be free, & to seeeeee with my equal desire to stay here where comfort, affection, and companionship live.

I can't have it both ways, can I? But I guess I can have it different ways at different times. And find each of them enjoyable in their moments and not long for one too much while I'm in the other.

And, on that note, I'm going to sign off and spend the evening with my BFF.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment