Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Air Up There.

I exist in a world where my work is often critiqued as being too cerebral. To which I usually reply, "Que?"

I enjoy pumping my intellectual biceps and always feel a bit deflated when I am, in essence, ask to pretend I'm a 90-pound weakling. And, because life is not fair, I have moments of utter debilitation when I am charged with lifting the world above my head. It's a tricky business, this working for a living.

Today, at about half past 3:00 p.m., I received some distressing feedback on a project I've been working on since before I left for vacation that was due at 5:00 p.m. today. When I say due, I mean that The Rapture will occur at precisely 5:01 p.m. and we all best be caught up in the clouds.

The report was that a very important person who had yet to sign off had "philosophical questions" about the piece.

... ... ... ...

At 4:55 p.m. the files were uploading. I'd rather not talk about the minutes in between.

Goodnight, friends.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment