Friday, March 22, 2013

Perplexity Loves Company.

What a relief. I was starting to think I would permanently have the dumb.

But hope rose on the horizon today, when I shared my concern with a friend who just returned from China, Taiwan, and Indonesia. He's been back home for exactly one week longer than me and just started to feel himself yesterday.

I don't wish on anyone this feeling of outerbodiness, this spaciness, this lack of cognizance. Or having just enough of the latter to be completely and utterly worried about the future of my brain function. But my friend and I were able to communicate to (and commiserate with) one another the indescribable sensation of being not at all here. And, if we both have been experiencing the same anomaly that seems to profound jet lag, then it sounds like I will find my path out of the dense trees in the coming days.

Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment