Monday, March 18, 2013

Lost & Found.

The truth is, I’ve been back home and re-acquainted with a consistent internet connection since midday Saturday. So why no blogging?

Well, I arrived at my house and immediately began unpacking, showing off all of the treasures I’d acquired on my otherworldly adventure.


But when I got to the bottom of my suitcase, I realized I had left something behind. I opened each shopping bag again. Shook out every article of clothing. Unzipped, rummaged, and re-zipped pocket after pocket.

Nothing.

My mind, that wonderful implement that conjures and schemes and ruminates, was still in the desert. Still absorbing the sunshine and brilliant blue skies. Still inhaling the mingling aromas of oud and sheesha. Still appraising ornate textiles and intricately beaded novelties while my sensibilities reeled. Still contemplating the duality yet coexistence of western culture and Islamic tradition.

It was a spectacular dream. But now it is time to awaken. And live the fantastic odyssey that is my own life.

Tisbah ala khair, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment