Wednesday, December 12, 2012

C is for Cranky.

On the subject of words, and specifically invented words, here's a new one that made me say, "Whew!" when I learned it, if not just to know that this kind of crazy has a name. And that by being given one, it likely afflicts more than just one of us in the world. The word is hangry.

As as grazer, I eat lightly, but frequently. This serves my metabolism well, and satisfies my savage needs most of the time. Unless I become distracted and forget to feed the beast. Rage erupts swiftly, violence often follows, and the next thing you know, I'm swiping at passing airplanes and being gently talked down from my perch atop the Empire State Building.

Hanger happens. But I am not alone. This site that I love has addressed the condition and offered some intriguing remedies. Which prompted me to seek out a breakfast cookie recipe with fewer ingredients and less fat than the one they featured. I found this one and made it for an early morning potluck tomorrow. Meltdown averted, I hope.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment