Friday, December 21, 2012

Oh, Please.

A couple of days ago, I was out and about running errands on my lunch and listening to Terry Gross interview David Chase and Steven Van Zandt about their upcoming film called “Not Fade Away.” They were talking about the Rascals’ song "I Ain't Gonna Eat Out My Heart Anymore."

Steven Van Zandt said, “I was trying to have sex with my girlfriend when it came on the radio, and I realized that the song was sexier than the sex I was having.”

Wow, that was by far the best bit of speculation I’d heard all day!

I don't recall if he said he was in high school at the time, but it did make me think about how shitty high school sex was. Sloppy, brief, and if one or both had braces, potentially painful. College sex wasn’t much better with roommates and excessive intoxicants being major obstructions to getting anything explosive to happen.

Of course, I’m talking about sex for women. Heterosexual women, anyway. Because, for men, I've noticed that it’s pretty hard for them not to have a good time no matter how quick and fumbly it is.

We ladies need to meet someone who is into us enough to care about making it good or is into himself enough to want to have a reputation for making it good.

Last night, I tried to think about when that was. Or, I guess I mean who that was...

Oh, I'm not going to write about it or anything; I’ve already shared way too much personal information here, so let’s just forget about that. Instead, how about a better than (or at least as good as) sex song? There are many out there. This one rings my bell:





No comments:

Post a Comment