Monday, December 17, 2012

Write On.

Today marks six months in to my year of daily blog writing. When I made this commitment, I didn’t know then that I would become stricken with a mysterious condition, or that this condition would result in months of anxiously believing I was terminally ill. (Looking back on it, it seems like such silly drama, but that's because I know now what I know now.)

I didn’t know then that I would discover an Arabic academy right here in Grand Rapids and decide to take classes. Or that I would postpone my trip to Dubai and take a weekend to New York City instead. Or that two kittens would show up on our back porch and that a small act of humanity would follow with an extra fuzzy tail in our house. Or that during that short period of time, more than one heinous act of violence would occur in our world.

All of these events, and more, affected what I wrote—sometimes hindering my ability, sometimes unexpectedly giving me a topic for the day. I failed a lot, especially during those extended weeks when I was surely dying. But I managed to put something out there each day, even when I had nothing.  

I just finished looking back on the past 182 days, poring over the pages to find a post in each month that stood out to me. Wow, there was a lot of B.S. in there! My schedule fell apart, I resorted to poetry, and, during my weakest moments, I just posted a link.There were a few highlights, and while I"m not sure these are they, here they are...anyway:

June started off strong. July, I had my moments. August was a low point. Traveling in September helped out a lot. And did again in October. There was some nonsense in November. And, well, December isn't over yet.

Thanks to those who've been supporting me. We have unknown adventures ahead!


No comments:

Post a Comment