Thursday, December 13, 2012

Sad, But True.

Yesterday, a fellow driver in an unnecessarily over-sized pickup bullied me as I was driving home from my workout. I hadn’t done anything to provoke him, but he persisted anyway and nearly caused an accident. Though I’m not at all timid on the road, I knew that this wasn’t a time to lash back, so I just tried to get away from him.

I did, but when I got home I was shaken and smoldering. Even more so than the situation, it infuriated me that this stranger could change my mood, invade my mindspace, and create an imagined scenario of retribution. I went from sane to unbalanced in moments, and it was summoned entirely by an outside force.

Once I was calmed, I felt sad and confused. About how humans behave sometimes. I kept asking, “Why would he do that?"

I'm still wondering what was motivating him. I suppose this man’s level of power is so low that this is all he has to control. And that is sad. And also sad that he needs this power and needs to control anything at all.  

Goodnight, you pitiful man. I am sorry that this is your life. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment