Monday, December 3, 2012

Peace, Man.

I've learned to play a couple of instruments and how to read music, but I was never inclined to compose any pieces of my own. It didn't even once enter my realm of possibility. Not because I didn't think I could do it, but because I didn't think about it at all.

I often feel awed by others' ability to write music and wonder about those who create sounds, beats, and rhythms that have never existed, but somehow know just what they are and what they want to do with them. Interesting.

We all have movements in our heads, they just take on a different tune, depending on our abilities, our tendencies, and our passions.

I've often wondered if, as a person who is predisposed to write words, I might be capable of writing lyrics. I've never tired this either, but my recent fixation on Leonard Cohen has led me to wonder. Because if I could write like him, I believe that I could find the answer to world peace. Or just personal peace, which, some days, would be a pretty major coup.

See what I mean?

Love the lovely backup singers...

No video, no matter.

And this one, because we've all felt this at one time in our lives or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment