Monday, September 17, 2012

But for Want of a Nutcracker.

On my last day in Budapest a year ago last May, I walked (a bit longer than I'd calculated) all the way to Heroes' Square from where the river taxi dropped me at the shore of the Danube underneath Margaret Bridge.

The highlight of my day was the lone exhibit at the Hall of Art: Michaƫl Borremans' Eating the Beard.


You can see much of that work here.

I wasn't allowed to photograph any of the art, but there was this wonderful old projector in a stark corner that I was allowed every angle of.


My walk back to the River's edge seemed twice as long, except for the occasional curiosity, like the somehow slightly classier than its American equivalent "One Euro Market" and this:


There's a story behind these abandoned walnuts. I think. 


No comments:

Post a Comment