Monday, September 10, 2012

I Am SO Sure!

If your one reference point for Frank Zappa is 1982's Valley Girl, then you might just shrug him off your shoulders like an ugly sweater.

Though I do like to wrap myself in a weave of weird, I don't know that even I would have lent Frank my eardrums had Ben not insisted that I listen and listen good.

At this point, I am typing and deleting flattering words that attempt to describe his work, his influence, and his profound talent and innovation. They just aren't hitting it because it's all pretty much indescribable.

But this wiki article helps detail the milestones of his groundbreaking career.

This clip begins to reveal his divergent stance on free speech:

 

And this video, well, you should probably just give it a watch:







No comments:

Post a Comment