Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Strange, Indeed.


At work, we use the expression: pulling too many levers. When we’re testing the performance of a print or web piece, if we factor in too many variables, we’ll never know which is the one that’s making it sing (or suck, which is sometimes the case). This makes wonderful sense. 

When you’re desperate, however, there’s an urge to pull every lever maniacally and repeatedly. I’m at this stage with the state of my physical well-being. I have a strong suspicion that what is plaguing me is related to stress. So, even though I love writing for this blog, and feel the benefits of daily writing, I need to lessen the anxiety of the daily obligation, at least for long enough to see if it’s part of what’s going on. 

I’ll keep posting, but for the next several days I’m going to let other works lift the barbells. Today, it’s a story that I didn’t hear live on Morning Edition, but heard advertised and then tuned into it later. 

Read or listen here the fascinating story behind the song Strange Fruit (Really, please check it out. I was so moved by it.) And also a rare video:




No comments:

Post a Comment