Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Modern Mix Tape.

At least a year ago, a former co-worker turned me on to a music site called 8tracks. Different than Pandora or Spotify, it's less about discovering what you might like via association and more about discovering what others like and then discovering that you like it, too. Or something like that. 

Much like the carefully crafted cassette mix tape that you (if you were of that era) made for your friends or yourself, the mixes are personal and hand-arranged by real people who have a love not only of the songs featured, but also the way they work together.

I've made only three of my own mixes, but I am simultaneously working on my fourth and fifth. The finished ones are here, on my profile. Listen and love. Or find someone else's mixes you love.




No comments:

Post a Comment