Monday, November 19, 2012

Dazed and Bemused.

It's almost always Monday mornings. I wake up from the night's sleep disoriented and not right with my mind. I am confused and unsure about the day ahead; sometimes even the days ahead. I am feeling disconnected from my life and what I am doing and where I am going with it.

In these moments I am consumed with an odd dichotomy of being both dazed and aware. I am conscious of my mental struggle enough to worry about what it means. Am I lost? Drifting? Is this where I am supposed to be?

And then, with an automatic command: run > program I am out of bed, in the shower, dressed, primped, and full of coffee. And all those thoughts are gone. I know my path exactly and have completely forgotten those seconds of uncertainly.

Interesting.

Hmmm...how did this forest get in my trees?

No comments:

Post a Comment