Saturday, November 17, 2012

Wonderful, Wonderful.

I'm not saying I've ever familiarized myself with mind-altering substances (though I've heard some things through friends...), but I have to say, if I were ever to use the word "high" as an adjective, I would thoroughly and liberally apply it to The Lawrence Welk Show.

I survived my entire childhood without experiencing it, but, in my adult life, thanks to my husband, I have now been bathed in its batshitness.

Tonight, we made homemade pizza, and, as with most kitchen collaborations, a proper serenade is in order. Some nights it's Mexicana or  Reggae or Singers & Swing on digital radio; others, as it was this evening, it's Lawrence Welk that entertains us while we promenade between counter, stovetop, and sink. Hmmm...

 

If you decide to tune in, it's on PBS, Saturday nights at 7:00. But, set a timer. You will get hoovered in, and as you marvel at the what the hell? that this is, make sure you don't burn your dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment