Thursday, November 29, 2012

Whew!

Between my days and evenings, I've written more in the past several weeks than I have since my last composition class in college. What I've been writing at work has turned out to be one of my proudest pieces, maybe ever. It will go in my portfolio for sure, and I can't help but think that my daily forced blog posts have helped it become this. I feel good. 

Today, I put on the finishing touches, and now I am flat out drained. So, I've decided to let my favorite spinster take it from here:

It's All I have to Bring Today   

It's all I have to bring today –
This, and my heart beside –
This, and my heart, and all the fields –
And all the meadows wide –
Be sure you count – should I forget
Some one the sum could tell –
This, and my heart, and all the Bees
Which in the Clover dwell.


-Emily Dickinson   

Her meaning is different than mine, at least in this context, but that's OK by me.

See you tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment