Wednesday, January 30, 2013

It's a Fine Day...

As a young woman, I never fantasized about the perfect white (or off-white, hmmm) wedding gown and customary veil. The idea of any of that business had never entered my mind, which, among the fairer kind, was cause to question if I had the right combination of chromosomes. Always seemed otherwise like I did, though.

I was married in a red sweater with an exaggerated fur collar. I was also wearing a skirt, in case you were wondering.

And, in a tragic, last-minute turn of events, my 1920's scarlet gown that was meant to be worn for our reception the following day had to be surrendered for a black, intricately-beaded, only slightly less wonderful replacement.

I never fathomed dressing myself in a traditional white gown. But I'm not sure any pieces like these existed yet: 

By the effing goddess Georgina Chapman for Marchesa, courtesy of Vogue.
Finally, someone is speaking my language. And I am wondering if I need to get married again.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment