Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Art Imitates Art.

I love discovering new music, but because we don’t have good independent radio here in Grand Rapids (though I have friends who would beg to differ), I have to be especially diligent in following other resources. Like the young(er) people I work with, who turn me on to artists like Young the Giant and Beirut, the handful of finds that find my ears on Pandora and 8Tracks, and my most reliable source: NPR.

Today I heard, to the first of my knowledge, a group that’s been around for 10 years. They are amazing and I can’t imagine how I missed them. I’ve been replaying their Tiny Desk Concert throughout the day, and for an extra fix, found this video:

 

They're called Dirty Three. Loud, theatrical, and experimental. LOVE.  


No comments:

Post a Comment