Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Grenades, Parades, and Grandmas.

As I get older, and work & associate with more and more people who are young enough to be my children (or, that is, I am old enough to be their parent), I realize the deafness on which my references fall.

I think you all know that I don’t love a grenade. I don’t even love a parade. But I do love a play on words. Which is much more fun if everyone has the cards to play along.

I can thank my grandmother LaVanda for many of these, brought to me by our yearly visits, which were fruitfully laced with selections from Popular Standards for Organ and Piano.

Bicycle Built for Two is my favorite. Shall I play it again?
Ta-da! (As she was wont to exclaim...) Here is I Love a Parade, in its gloriest of glories. I don't expect you to watch it, I just want someone to know I'm not making this up.




No comments:

Post a Comment