Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sweet.

Arranged neatly in my subconscious is a small army of perceived truths, organized for easy reference so they may be deployed when the timing suits. There are plenty of truth-truths in there, too, but the ones that are funny (peculiar) to me are the ones that I’ve just made up. They may have their toes dipped in the sands of reality, but they are still mostly unsubstantiated.

They come from a variety of questionable sources, like the too real dream that plants a false fact, or a misunderstood message that sticks, even after the confusion is resolved (did you know that cranes are nocturnal?).

The notion that fat free candy can be eaten in 5 lb. servings without a fattening effect is another. This belief allows me to guiltlessly gorge on gummi bears, licorice, Swedish fish, and jelly beans under the misguided guise of responsible snacking. It also makes me turn a suspicious eye on any fat-filled sweets, eschewing them as omens of obesity. This is crazy, kind of.

Still, it is so stubbornly stuck in my mind that I rarely indulge. That is until recently when I learned about Unreal.

This is strictly research, folks.
I'm hopeful about this. And I love the black light effect here. I'm a dork, I know. And I might be a little idealistic. But I'm OK with that.


No comments:

Post a Comment