Friday, October 19, 2012

I Resemble That.

My grandma LaVanda was not a nice person. You might think that I’m not a nice person for announcing that to the world, but, for those of us who knew her, this isn’t exactly an exposé. She was self-absorbed, judgmental, and mean-spirited. Visits with her were nothing more than tests of endurance.

While I was looking through family photos the other night, I started to get an uneasy feeling as I could see, for the first time ever (ever noticing, that is), her face in both mine and my mother’s. And in her crazy outfits and tendency to enter a room with a curtsy, even more of me.

The hat is too much, isn't it?
And then, again, remembering the narcissism…

All of which might make you (me) wonder if I am also destined for old batdom.

But, for all her faults, she was also adventurous, independent, and strong-willed.

Hmmm...where to next?
Well, maybe just a little sippy-sip.
So how will I fare? I guess that is up to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment