Thursday, October 25, 2012

Before the Ugly Sweaters.

What an unusual day...

Before 10:00 a.m., a coworker and I rescued a baby bird that was trapped in our building. That was cool.

About 45 minutes later I was drinking a mimosa toast with everyone in my company (we were celebrating, as you might guess).

The day devolved from there, as does usually any day that starts early with a mimosa and doesn't continue on that line. And, from experience, any day that does.

I went straight to dance class after work and learned two new styles: khaleegi and dabke. And then we put them together with a traditional Egyptian style belly dance to create a three-part set.

I was sufficiently pooped already, but from there I changed clothes and met Ben at a local pub for a late meal and a magically delicious Peach Porch Lounger saison from New Belgium Brewing. An ear-warming, face-flushing 9.4% later, I was in a pronounced state of buzz. 

I'm home now. Still fuzzy. What shall I do with this post?

Hmmm...do you know that Bill Cosby recorded music with Quincy Jones in the late 60's? 


No comments:

Post a Comment