Saturday, October 6, 2012

Erect.

When I was in college, I moved around constantly in the Heritage Hill neighborhood, mostly because I wanted to get inside and experience these historic homes and have their extraordinary architectural elements be a part of my daily life. One place had an ornate fireplace, another had a corner turret, and another had stained glass windows and delicately detailed embellishments carved in the natural wood that trimmed every window and doorway.

My love of architecture has followed me through my life and has also led me to destinations where fine examples live.

Like Mill Run, Pennsylvania:

Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater.
Manhattan's Upper East Side:

The Guggenheim Museum (Hmmm...also Frank Lloyd Wright).
Budapest, Hungary:

Imre Steindl's Hungarian Parliament Building.
And, the good old World Wide Web, where I just discovered a site that features magnificent examples of visionary architecture. If you're like me, you will get absorbed by Architizer and someone will have to come and wring you out of it. Awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment