Monday, October 22, 2012

Hmmm...

I’ve recently discovered an auteur by the name of James Altucher. He’s hyped in a way that Seth Godin was hyped back in the day, and, because of that, I am currently sitting on a fence built of solid skepticism. 

For a few deep breaths, Seth Godin was (maybe) saying something important (to people in my professional world), but now I’ve started to suspect that his new fall line is sewn with transparent threads. And that we are all sitting here naked, with only a stack of his books covering our laps.

I don’t really want to be one of those people who falls for the hoopla, and yet this guy, Altucher, intrigues me. He writes about ideas that question our common views. More importantly, he challenges us to question them. 

Is going to college necessary? Is voting effective? What happens when we erase our own labels? I have to say that I love that someone is asking.

Am I buying it? Not sure. For now I’m just window shopping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment