Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I Love It...

You don't know how close you were to getting a public service announcement from me that helps back up my claim that artificial sweeteners are no good for dieting and no good for you.

Instead, I'm excited that I just discovered a new (to me) poet: Nizar Qabbani from Syria.

His work reminds me of Neruda. Sensual and longing. In love with women and their bodies. In love with love on an equal level. These are my two favorites so far:

Every Time I Kiss You
Every time I kiss you
After a long separation
I feel
I am putting a hurried love letter
In a red mailbox.


 ~~~

Love Compared
I do not resemble your other lovers, my lady
should another give you a cloud
I give you rain
Should he give you a lantern, I
will give you the moon
Should he give you a branch
I will give you the trees
And if another gives you a ship
I shall give you the journey.


~~~

They're lovely, don't you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment