Saturday, April 27, 2013

Old Bags.

The big thrill of today was the Michigan Modernism Exposition, in good ol' Southfield. Not quite as big as I'd hoped, but my senses still got their fill.

I hadn't planned on buying anything, but a strange grouping of mugs featuring flying pigs, a school of fish, and a pair of dragons called me back for a second look.

Of course, the second look is merely the gateway to the parting with cash. Once I had the dragon mug in my hands and Ben was suggesting I drink wine from it while watching Game of Thrones, the deal was done.


The cranky, era-appropriate woman I bought it from was clearly unimpressed with my singular purchase and showed it by packing my little prize in a crumpled bag that was very likely from the same century. That is, definitely last century.

No comments:

Post a Comment