Thursday, April 11, 2013

Word to Your Amygdala.

I started the compulsory part of my day with an untoward outburst. And I directed it at the mediator rather than the aggressor, which only added to the inappropriateness of the event. And here's the thing: the five-minute task in question, had it been delegated to me by anyone else, I would have happily done. But, this person has so greatly overdrawn our relationship's bank account that she not only needs to bring the balance back into the positive digits, she also should pay all of those fees she's been racking up. She has a lot of fucking nerve, this one, writing another bad check.

I returned to my desk, muttering fairly audible obscenities, and logged on for the day. First email in my inbox? Word of the day.

Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment