Thursday, April 4, 2013

Omega Is My Alpha?

Everything is tight. Even my yoga pants that have plenty of give in them are doing an awful lot of taking right now.

Really there's little worse than tight clothes, because they have a way, through their pinching here and wedging there, of constantly nagging about your dietary negligence. Ah, but there is hope for my slackened state of affairs: the upcoming fitness challenge at work of which I am the lead drum thumper.

It starts in a couple of weeks, and I have been up on my research so that I might appear that I have this role for a good reason. I'm mainly looking at some new ways of jump-starting my thyroid, which has struggled greatly over the last year. I discovered some information about wheatgrass and cod liver oil and visited the health food store today to gather supplies.

I started on the cod liver oil this afternoon and felt totally normal until I started some new techniques in dance class tonight. The moves are all ones I know, but we added a veil to mix and I completely fell apart. And, how interesting, I blamed the supplement; not the newness of the activity. I thought: wow, I isn't this nutrient supposed to help with brain function?

Yeah. But probably not within six hours, with added cognitive complications. Patience, girl. On all accounts.   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment