Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Dice Were Loaded from the Start.

Remember that boy from 1991 who wore cut-off jean shorts and nearly broke my heart had I not already been both skilled in and jaded by the art? Last night he confessed that he no longer believes in love. (I out him because I know that not one of my few readers knows of whom I speak. How funny that one can be incognito in such an open forum.)

I bring it up to wonder. He was one of my lot, who believed in a very fine house, with all the surroundings in it, including the intangibles. What happened? And what fell short in his experiences that led him here, to this place of despair?

Love is harder than it looks, even when it is natural and seems easy. What we think it is gets in the way, too. Not sure what I'm saying here; just thinking about his statement and remembering, once again, that so many years ago, there were those who seemed to have a handle on it and those who didn't. Those who didn't, searched. That's all.

Goodnight, friends.


PS: This song was the inspiration (a wedding song recommendation from him to a mutual friend) for his confession. Don't tell him, but I think in his heart of hearts, he still does. Believe in love, that is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment