Saturday, August 11, 2012

Addicted to Love.

Wow, I had no idea I was so attention-horny until I started following my blog traffic.

Sometime between when I was writing every fifth full moon and writing once every day, Blogger updated its statistics pages to be much more robust. I can now see how often my blog is read, at what times it is read, and which posts have been read. I can’t see specifically who is reading, but I can see which web sources my audience is coming from (mostly facebook, no surprise), and in what parts of the world my readers live.

Oooh, August 7th, aren't you happy to see me...
I never would have guessed that anyone other than my friends are reading, but it turns out I have an intermittent flow of strangers coming from StumbleUpon and others, and I also have what appears to be some popularity in Russia. Well, that’s a little odd. And weirdly gratifying as well.

Mmmm...all this data…delicious data. I’ll admit that oh, about three to eighteen times a day I am pleasuring my ego by checking my graphs. I think I should stop, but it feels so good.    


No comments:

Post a Comment