Saturday, August 4, 2012

This title should have something to do with watermelons, right?

You should know I’ve been drinking. Ben actually suggested I forewarn you, though he may not know that I’ve successfully posted in this state before. Care to guess which post?

There’s a lot of mush-fingering and backspacing going on here, but I’m determined to write something tonight, despite the four Strongbows I had at a friend’s cookout this afternoon and several wines (most of them in a glass) I’ve had thereafter.

Earlier today, before all of this silliness, I was out in search of a watermelon. One with seeds, specifically. I picked one up at an organic grower at the farmer’s market today. It promises to have yellow flesh, a more pleasing texture and flavor than your typical pink, and a thin wall that begs not to be smacked too hard while trying to detect the resonant sound that signifies its perfection.

This is the one, and tomorrow is its big day…



No comments:

Post a Comment