Friday, June 7, 2013

This Is Not Normal.

We just returned from Festival of the Arts in downtown GR. We go almost every year, despite the crazy crowds and questionable entertainment. It's the 25+ food tents that entice us, and while much of it is pretty tasty, it's not really the ideal way to have a meal: on foot, with paper-thin napkins, and ill-behaved humans of all ages stepping on our feet and elbowing us in the plates we're trying to not to spill.

Of course, the people watching is prime, if not somewhat disturbing. I know I'm weird. And most of my friends and loved ones are weird. But the weird we see in this crowd is in a different family of weird. I can't help but think: who are these weirdos and where did they come from? I don't know any of them, and yet Grand Rapids is not a big city. Do they hibernate all year and only come out for the first weekend in June?

I don't know the answer, but I'm definitely a little weirded out right now. 

The old guy dancing up front? He's good weird. The rest of you? Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment