Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Just Wondering.

I want to go back a couple of nights…back to that statement I made about us being animals. I guess because, as I reflect, I’m not sure what I was meaning by it. It was the first answer that popped into my head, it sounded right, and it put a nice period on an unfinished, unconcluded thought. Despite my claims of a conclusion.

I think sometimes we are so instinctual and, yet, also so highly conditioned that we express ourselves in ways that are, on the one hand, natural and, on the other hand, calculated to elicit a response. Maybe these actions are so tightly woven that we are incapable of defining or identifying their boundaries.

I guess what I’m wondering is (regardless of whether or not this question seamlessly follows the last statement): has social networking heightened our neediness? Did we always require this much attention, this much adoration, this much empathy, this much reassurance, this much reciprocity, this much CONVERSATION?

Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment