Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Tough Love.

Today’s connection to love has to do with loving the coming year. Loving what I do, loving what I feel, loving who I will become. It’s based on a writing by Susan Sontag as she was turning 20 years younger than I will be very shortly. (There are a few overlaps because she was right. Or right on for me.) 

Rules + Duties for Being 44:
  1. Sit and stand up straight.
  2. Stop worrying & caring about people who don’t worry & care about you.
  3. Write every day, but don’t necessarily share it with the world.
  4. Write something amazing. Something you do want to share with the world.
  5. Re-learn basic algebra, geometry, and statistics; try to find pleasure in it.
  6. Eat/consume more purposefully.
  7. Make that bikini you bought last summer work hard.
  8. Press your inner pause button. Frequently.
  9. Break the rules. Shirk the duties. As needed.  
This are my rules and duties. What are yours?




No comments:

Post a Comment