Thursday, February 28, 2013

Revealed & Concealed.

It was the last days of ArtPrize 2010 and I was at the UICA standing in front of a giant, once-white mural with the raised word CONFESS in the center. To my left was a group of loud, unruly teenagers (do they come any other way?) leaping from their tiptoes and riding each others' shoulders to find a blank spot on the canvas to write their confessions. Ugh. Stupid kids. What kind of profound disclosures could they possibly have had?

I had one, though. So I blocked their nonsense with a force field of serenity and focused on finding an exclusive patch of emptiness on which I would divulge my secret. Once spotted, I knelt on the floor and printed out 19 words.

And I’m not telling you or anyone else what it said. ;&

Confess, by David Schofield.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment