Tuesday, February 12, 2013

What's Not to Love?

I had one of those first-world problem kind of days. It boiled down to waking up feeling unrested and then encountering various forms of unrest over the next 10 or so hours. I tried to imagine how I would keep up my theme of love, until I tried to count at least five things I loved about this day. I can do this.
  1. I love the fact that I am repeatedly, OK chronically, OK terminally, late for work (like 20 minutes to a half hour) and nobody gives a damn. This is probably because I'm awesome.
  2. I love that my husband makes me coffee every morning, even though he stopped drinking it six moths ago. He makes excellent coffee. I do not. 
  3. I love Pinback's Blue Screen Life and that it serenaded me on both my to and from commute. Here's probably my favorite song from it:


  4. I love that my dance instructor is scheduling a Bollywood/Belly Dancing party around my extended vacation. I would hate to miss it, and I am happy that she would hate that I not be there.
  5. I love the drive-thru guy at Adobe In & Out. His look tells me that this isn't his first choice in employment and that the hairnet probably brings him down a little bit, but he is always always always super-kind to me. I go there all the time because they are five blocks from my house and their food is spectacular: fast, but not fast food. I love this also.
  6. Extra Credit: I love that I've been listening to Omar Faruk Tekbilek's Rare Elements as I've been writing this post and have felt inspired to lift my hands from the keyboard on more than one occasion to bust out a shoulder shimmy or an in-chair hip wiggle. Oh, and that I couldn't decide which song to share until I found this one. Yes, this one for sure:

  

No comments:

Post a Comment