Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Ikigai.

I woke up this morning knowing it would be a great day.

I'm normally not this much of a zealot, and I'm actually more likely to be a hater than a lover when it comes to new albums from favorite bands, but I had pretty high expectations for the latest Daft Punk.

So, I was out of bed and downloading it from iTunes before the sun was up.

Then, after I showered, I put on quite possibly the awesomest pair of pants ever.

I drove to work in an electronic, Random Access Memories stupor, barely able to stay in my own lane because of the severe aural distraction.

Back to the pants. My friends and coworkers bowed before them with both awe and envy. I walked taller, and, maybe, struck a pose when I thought I could do so without seeming too obvious.

Later, I left work and headed to my dance instructor's 15-year anniversary open house. More Daft Punk on my drive to the studio. Pants still awesome. And, after I arrived, some amazing & inspiring performances from my fellow dancers.


I finished the night with an impromptu bevvie with one of my favorite chicks.

This is Ikigai. Music. Dance. Friendship. Joy. Love. (Oh, and fashion). The reasons I wake up in the morning.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment