Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Clash of the Stubborn.

So Ben and I were debating the other night on a subject that I'd like to say is not being disclosed because of personal reasons, but it's actually because neither of us can remember what it was. Or, I should say, which it was. We do debate regularly and so it could have been any number of topics.

What I do remember is that I was dumbfounded that he didn't agree with me, and so I thought that if I just continued with my incredibly solid reasoning and logic, he would eventually cede his position. Nope.

I had been at it for a good twenty minutes when he finally asked, "Why can't I just have my opinion?" And, I said something like, "Because I think you're wrong and you just need to see that." ::blank stare::

And then he said, "We don't have to agree on everything, you know." And then I said, "But I want you to agree with me on this. It's very important." <so important I can't remember, mind you.

And this went on for a bit until finally it hit me that it doesn't really matter. Nothing changes if we don't agree. Nothing changes if we do. I guess I forgot Rule #9.

Right. 

2 comments:

  1. Just a foot note here : I was right. I'm so smart that sometimes it bottles my mind.

    ~Dick Skull

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm concerned about your delusions, Dick. ;)

      Delete